Thursday, January 28, 2010

1.28.10 $


Dear Amber,

You gave me $10 to mend your pants. You didn't think it was enough money but I thought it was sufficient. I believe in either extremely cheap things like $1 Costco pizza or expensive things like $150 dresses. I guess that isn't that expensive but Im just trying to say Im not a middle ground person. So, I thought $10 was good because otherwise I would've charged you $50 just to follow my rule. This post is how I spent your money.


First of all I turned the whole $10 into Quarters. Whooo!!!


Then I got all my laundry together.


And I did laundry. You sort of saved me because it had been a really long time. Here is the whole process since you probably wanted to see it. Mmmmhmm.




Laundry, - $4


I walk past two little neighborhood grocery stores on the way to work. I like to stop at either one to buy breakfast and a snack. Usually I get yogurt or ice cream (yea...) but today I was craving a banana and some chocolate.



Breakfast, - $1.50


Later in the day, walking to another work from the bus stop I decided to check in on a little bakery Greg told me about. Carol's bakery is a little hidden gem in Sugarhouse, seriously hidden in a shady garage alley. Two little old men run the whole place and I crushed pretty hard. The inside is decorated with newspaper clippings and vintage knickknacks. I was too embarrassed to take pictures inside, you know how that is. I bought 3 eclairs.


Stupid face. . . This was the best one.

Eclairs, - $2


When I was in San Francisco Greg bought me this little sushi necklace. The chain it came on would clasp together using a small magnet. Obviously that didn't work, magnets for necklace clasps need some further development before I approve. I took the necklace to String Beads in Sugarhouse (You know since I was around). The salesperson put a bigger ring on it and strung a suede cord through it. As far as jewelry goes Im a pretty simple girl, so this knot and suede cord is perfect for me.

Necklace Cord, - $1.12


Well, what can you buy with $1ish? Remind you of a commercial for some gross fast food place.? THIS IS WAY BETTER because I know what is the perfect end to this post and the $10, and still under a dollarish.


Taco, - $1

M.E.T.

No comments:

Post a Comment