Thursday, January 21, 2010

1.21.10

Although I identify as a fashionista of sorts, I don't think that fashion and style is all encompassing of my personality. I believe in a balance of all things. I think about clothes and runway shows all the time but I also think about food alot. I guess Im trying to say that my style isn't always so focused and on trend sometimes its nostalgia or stupid naive thoughts that push me to a conclusion.

As a young man my father wanted to one day be herpetologist. Every since I was young we shared a home with my fathers second family, of snakes. His collection of snakes had their own room before I did or any of my siblings did, granted they shared it between all 200 snakes. For fun my father would take us snake hunting really late at night in the West Desert. We never found anything but roadkill. What I remember most vividly of these trips was falling asleep and missing the snack pit stop. Snakes weren't the only thing he loved, he is interested in lizards and birds aswell. During a family camp out my dad found and caught a horny toad. These lizards are very small and rough. When threatened they bleed from there eyes, like how gecko's can shed a tail.

On Monday my aunt told me she had a necklace that she thought might be my style. I was already thinking of ways to get out of this. I don't wear or own very much jewelry. I am very picky about what I buy and wear, I stick to my 4 necklaces. When she pulled out a very simple string necklace with a horny toad pendent I almost died.



M.E.T

No comments:

Post a Comment