Thursday, January 14, 2010

1.14.10


Thoughts,

1) For months at a time I have songs stuck in my head. I change the words according to what I'm doing at the moment, it becomes my anthem. I can never tell what song is going to stick in my mind. Most of the time its a mildly embarrassing song, but its something I cannot control. I went through a phase were " ShakeShakeShake, ShakeShakeShake, Shake your booty! Shake your booty!" Was always playing, I liked switching out the words shake. Almost any word fits. Luckily for the people in my life I realized I am getting over my recent anthem which was the Peanut Butter Jelly song. Im going to miss you! Im writing this because I just now realized what the new song constantly jogging threw my mind.

"Awww! Tell me what you want! What you really really Want!"
"I'll Tell you what I want, what I really really Want! "

Trying to write emails to educators while this is going on is difficult but endlessly amusing. I want to respond to everything with this song. When a friend asks me what I want to do next. When Greg asks what I want for dinner. When my boss says anything.

2) I have a hard time relaxing or not doing anything. If I have any freetime I am always doing something. I think of this as a really good thing. I make alot of projects, and I look at them as small time counters. Like what did I do for the 3 hrs in November 09, oh yes made this dress. To me time is meant to be valued. I find it very slothful when people don't realize that everyday is important. Everyday is a new opportunity to create and learn. People don't have to wait for someone else to tell them what to do. Work shouldn't be our only productive time, what are we doing to better ourselves and not just who we work for?

Things Im doing.

1) Undertaking a large beading project
2) Creating comic strips of my memories
3) Creating my own line of Cycling Wear for women
4) I want to learn more about Contemporary art and artists, Clothing Construction, Fabrics, African masks and cultural objects, etc...
5) I want to read more.

M.E.T

No comments:

Post a Comment