Saturday, January 2, 2010

1.2.10




Tonight I am having a dinner for one of my friends who happens to be in town for the holidays. Im going to make a spinach basil pesto pasta. I haven't made it before so I hope it all turns out. Yesterday I spent the whole day relaxing and lounging around. Today I am ready to GOGOGO! I am going to go to the climbing gym. Then to the fabric store and then to buy groceries for tonight, before everyone arrives for dinner I must clean my apartment in a major way. I have to clean it so well that it seems like we dont own birds that poo everywhere. Yay! Projects!

Unfortunately I dont have any photos of my New Year Eve outfit. I will just have to re-create that later.

I have been attracted to dresses in the style of a classy collar shirt dress. I love tight collars that fit strongly on peoples neck. I found a dress like this that was white and had a line of gems down the front. I LOVED IT! I bought it but then realized that it wasn't me at all. I adored the concept but as it was, it didn't fit my personal style. I want a structured collar but I also need a bit of breathing room. I also need a little more flair in the skirt. SO! I am going to create my own.

For my own dress I will have a somewhat low neck and a peter pan collar attached to it. This way I get both the collar and breathing room. Also it prevents me from looking like a grandmas, chico's model or a nurse.

I want the dress to be very form fitting on the waist and hips, but loose enough to walk very comfortably.

Im thinking the stripe of gems should be all black, and the dress itself should be maybe red and white? I want it to be very adult and structured. What do you think?

M.E.T.

No comments:

Post a Comment