Sunday, January 10, 2010

1.10.10





Here is the HUGE Chocolate post I've been promising to show off. I didn't realize how many photos I have, its kind of surprising. This spans like 6 months, but I have to be honest and say this only shows the fine chocolate in boxes. I am real indulgent!

As far as chocolate goes I prefer milk chocolate. I enjoy spicy cayenne pepper chocolates the most. I like to eat chocolate that is an interesting blend of chocolate, fruit, flavors & concepts. I also take into account the shape and design of the chocolate. I feel like any concierge of chocolate has to appreciate dark chocolate, and I do. I don't care for peanut butter chocolates, but I will try any kind.

My roommate brought this from San Francisco for me. This box is meant to be paired with red wine.Most of the chocolates were the same kind but I loved the images on the top of each one.



I got these for Christmas from my mother. They are from the local Chocolatier, V Chocolate. This was a very classic box, nothing to go crazy about but it did quench my chocolate thirst for bit. http://www.vchocolates.com/




This Turkey is from a Chocolatier in San Francisco, Saratoga Springs Chocolate. My friend believes they used a mold from the previous occupants of the building, Joseph Schmidt Chocolatier. This turkey was amazing because it was SOLID! The chocolate was a really smooth milk chocolate.




This box was also from Saratoga Springs Chocolatier. The Chocolate with the flower on it is the logo of the Chocolatier. I cant remember what each one was but I had a chai chocolate and an earl gray one. This box was a variation of many styles but there wasn't one bad one in it. I also think each one was attractive to look at.





THE CROWN JEWEL!!!!!!!!! I received this as a Christmas present from Greg, he bought it off Gilt.com. This box is a work of art by Knipschildt Chocolatier. Each one looks the same and taste the same but the taste is overwhelming. When you bite into it, its very sweet but changes and has a 3 distinct tastes.

1) Initial sweetness 2) Strong smooth dark chocolate taste 3) After taste involving both.





Truly the best chocolate I think I have ever had. Its such a complex flavor.



Looking at their website, I guess their pretty hotshit in the chocolate world. I don't care about that I just care if its good AND IT IS!

http://www.knipschildt.com/flash.html

I hope that this didn't bore you to death. I have many interests and this blog was a way for me to remember and represent each one.

M.E.T

No comments:

Post a Comment