Monday, January 25, 2010

1.25.10 MAS


I'm an idiot. I was trying to make myself feel better so I had pho and I just drank a mason jar of tea. Now Im never going to get to bed, Im going to have to pee all night! SO, why not do an extra post.

I am working on a dress. I've been describing it as state fair + bondage. Everyone I show it to is really skeptical about the whole thing. I can see it in their eyes and hesitation to comment. EVERYONE! I guess its alittle much but I don't want to make things that I could buy anywhere I want to make one of a kind clothing. I wanted to use many trends and put them together to offset the usual look that goes with it. Also I wanted the dress to be about my body and accentuating the positive. The trends Im playing with are Christopher Kane's gingham S/S line. The caged look madness particularly mimicking Savant. I put the always sweet and summery gingham under a white cage. Yes, its alittle sensual but the gingham and patterned white really balance it out. Also I think the dress is a little Gothic Lolita. Im excited to finish it and wear it. What do your think?


Front
Back


M.E.T

No comments:

Post a Comment