Thursday, October 1, 2009

10.1.09

Im always bragging that I never get sick. I tell all my friends, family and coworkers that they can count on me because Im not a weakling that "gets sick". Im really proud of my healthy status. But even us strong ones get sick from time to time. Currently I have a cold. The worst part is the headache that comes with it. I find it hard to standup or blow my nose. One thing that I didn't realize it would make difficult is going to the bathroom. Somehow the act of going to the bathroom makes my head cold unbearable, yea I don't get it either.

Last night I went to the fabled Pizzeria 712, in Orem Utah. Foodwise it was pretty good, but its hard to justify driving that far when Downtown SLC Settabello's maybe better. I wouldn't say the drive was in vain though. P712 is hidden in gaudy humungous condo complex, when we entered the complex, our thoughts were "OMG what are we in store for..." The interior of P712 is welcoming and instantly classy. The space is very intimate and warm. The lighting is a romantic dim and the tables and chairs are in dark wood. Maybe dark wood doesn't do anything for you, but for me its small details like dark wood that make a space reach its full potential. The service we received was impeccable and I had absolutely NO complaints about that. Our server wasn't too friendly or overbearing, she was just happy to get us what we needed. Perfect. The most delightful aspect to this pizzeria that made it know to me that we were in someone restaurant masterpiece, was their selection of artwork. They had 3 Brian Kershisnik paintings on their east facing wall. I happen to be a really big Kershisnik fan, I worked at the UMFA during his exhibit there. I love how simple but thought provoking his work is. The people he draws always look that exact same, which makes them more like symbols rather than individuals. I find his work really aesthetically pleasing. Also always check a restaurants bathroom, that will tell you how much a place values their customer. P712's is beautiful. I really respect this restaurant whether I will eat there frequently or not. This is definately a place worth trying. Everything about this restaurant was meticulously detail but felt simple and gracious. Its kind of like the concept that a girls makeup is so well placed you almost thought they were that naturally hot.
Check out their blog!
http://www.pizzeria712.blogspot.com/resturaunt

The same owners of P712 have a new restaurant that looks so immaculate I almost couldn't believe it existed in UTAH! I will try it and let you know, how fabulous this one is.

Communal Restaurant
100 North University Avenue
Provo, Utah 84601

M.E.T.

No comments:

Post a Comment