Thursday, October 22, 2009

10.22.09 MAS


Second post of the day!!! WHOOO!!! Earlier today I posted my outfit from Tuesday. I liked what I was wearing today so I decided to post todays outfit as well. Its kind of a hodgepodge of ideas. Im wearing one of my most favorite dresses in the world. I call it my toy dress, its fun and imaginative but also SO comfortable. Autumn + Summer + Classic + Urban =


The blue velvet cape is one of my latest projects. Last year I was given a giant bolt of blue velvet. I immediately created a vest and skirt, both items were very mediocre. I decided to do something "Polished". I created the pattern for this cape. Its very simple but classic. It has a plaid silk linear. Everything is hemmed to prevent any fraying, or odd pilling that velvet does.






The summer part of this outfit was below the ankle. I hate wearing boots when its too hot for them. The sandals added the perfect amount of coolness. The toe nails were a big hit with my coworkers. My significant other and I recently got into painting our toenails. I usually wear a dark brown red, and he wears orange. We decided to diversify, nice. He is the main drive behind this quirktivity. He has a gross toe nail on his big toe so it helps him feel more self confident. I TOTALLY understand that.

Blue Velvet Cape - Self made
Toy Dress - Insight
Leggings - Forever 21 ( Ewww...I promise that was my last F21 purchase, COPYCAT JERKS!!!)
Sandals - ModCloth

M.E.T

2 comments:

  1. i absolutely LOVE your glasses - are they vintage, or did you manage to find such amazing ones new? i wish i had some cooler glasses - i'd wear them more (mine are just basic tortoiseshell squares...)

    lauren
    www.papergownfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. These glasses are actually safety glasses from the 1950's. I had to get the prescription specially but in because aslong as the frame exists they have to reach safety requirements. I wanted tortoise shell real bad but I couldn't find a pair that suited me.

    ReplyDelete