Saturday, March 6, 2010

3.6.10




A couple years ago a fashion student from BYU told me about an amazing fabric store hidden in the wasteland of Lehi. The way she described it I knew that I had to go, no matter where it was located. In general I really like to explore most towns/cities. I believe that any place is worthwhile if you take the time to find it out. Last weekend Greg and I went to a novelty steakhouse, and this quilt shoppe.

She was totally right, it was amazing. Not only is BroadBents a fabric store but its also a general store, toy store, doll shoppe, baby store and book store. It was a stay at home moms dream, or what I think would be their dream. Greg and I fell in love with the well organized fabrics and came home with more than we expected.

Here's the loot and what has come of it.






When I saw the red fabric I knew it had to be a dress. I choose the print of the children camping to pair with it. Here is the result of the first night of construction.




Here is the project after the second night.






All I need now is to Hem it and add a zipper. Perfect.

M.E.T

No comments:

Post a Comment