Friday, March 5, 2010

3.5.10


On Feb 12, 2010 Alexander McQueen committed suicide. Even now its difficult for me to swallow the fact that he is gone. I have no connection to him personally but through his work he had an effected on me, that made me feel that we were friends. I loved the way his mind translated to clothing, and I so wanted to be part of that. My wish was to some day own one of his dresses . I came very close on two occasions but was just a couple minutes too late.

When he died I knew it was time to get something, even if it was small. I looked for a day or so on all the online stockist. Everything was still extremely expensive, in the end I decided on the scarf. I'm embarrassed to reveal how much it was for a silly scarf, but for me it about more than a scarf. Its accomplishing a goal and honoring a person I admire. Its as though buying one silly scarf finally makes me a part of "it".




Thank you, goes out to Greg for fronting half the bill. Its amazing when others understand your thoughts even when its hard to explain.

M.E.T

No comments:

Post a Comment