Tuesday, November 3, 2009

11.3.09

I've had a couple thoughts in my head.

1) Here in SLC being environmentally friendly and outdoorsy, is a big thing. Trend? No there are just a lot of conscience people here. Some of the movements are very practical and I follow, such as caring a water bottle. For my 3 job juggling its really important I stay hydrated. If Im driving hours away, hauling 100 lbs boxes, teaching hordes of children, or sitting at a desk? I need to drink water. At one of my classes one child found special interest in my specially picked out water container. Because I am me, I wont use any bottle it has to be just the right shape. Or the right amount of water. In my fluster of tasks, I left my container and Im sure she saw it as an opportunity to take it. She said she didn't but then it would be still there. It is lost forever. If I further investigate my suspicion this will turn into a horrible sitcom plot. It took me months to find the right shape, and now the cycle continues. Thirsty...

2) Family is important, it really is! Even if you hate them they have this way of always affecting you. Salt Lake City is heavily populated with people who are part of the LDS faith. Most of my family is LDS, I go to church but don't consider myself LDS, its more that Im spiritual, love and respect the community I grew up in. Two of my siblings are on LDS missions one is in Chile and has been out for 1 year (males serve for 2years). My sister just left and is going to Texas. I send them packages every other week and emails once a week. I don't think this is a lot. Its a regular amount, but among their peers they are considered grossly spoiled. They have to get other people to pretend its theirs mail so peers don't feel jealous. When my siblings dont recieve mail everyone else cheers and sing in happiness. Truthfully, I am not the only one sending them mail, but I am probably the #1 contributor. This makes me sad, not because of my siblings. It makes me sad because why aren't these other LDS people who teach lessons about the importance of family making more of an effort. One of my brothers peers told him that after a year he would most likely stop receiving mail, as people began to forget about him. That absolutely breaks my heart. I love my brother, so much. I love all the sewing ideas he has, I love how nerdy he is. I would NEVER forget about him. Just today I bought a giant gummy alligator for his next package. I just don't understand how anyone could stop missing someone that is temporarily gone, who you love so much. I've added a family friend to my mail roster. He doesn't have family who lives here or who are the same religion. Although I have definite qualms with the LDS organization, I still support my siblings. It doesn't matter if we make totally different decisions and think differently. I promise to mail them as much as possible. I promise to never forget them.

Much Love to Momo & Littlebabyhector

M.E.T

No comments:

Post a Comment