Thursday, November 19, 2009

11.19.09


Thoughts

1) Why do all the junior high kids from The Salt Lake Arts Academy smell so strongly of weed? Honestly my downstairs neighbors would be shamed by these kids stench. Its like "Hey! College stoner's we're in 8th grade and we hit it harder than you do!" Yea, my throat is all itchy from it. They were a really great group though. I LOVE giving tours to kids for several reasons. One reason is for my own social experiments. I like to make them read out loud and compare them to kids from other parts of the state. Copperhills elementary, those 6th graders can read! REAL WELL!

2) I am a full blooded Latina who was raised in the suburbs of Salt Lake City, in the reddest state in America. Growing up there weren't many ethic peers. My siblings and I grew up very Americanized. Yes we do have some Mexican traditions but we are very American. Even with this I can never hide my ethnicity's physically and taste-wise (not that I would want to). Last week I had to create an example of an art making activity. The activity is making a salt painting. The salt causes the painting to look shiny and textured. I wasn't sure what to make but the inner Latina spoke loud and true. I made a Low Rider that was propped on one wheel. OF COURSE! I mean shiny = Low Rider.

3) I like pop music. I also occasionally like mainstream music. Since I like to dance so much its sometimes is the best thing to bust a move to. Last night Greg (significant other) revealed that he had no idea who Lil Jon is, or what crunk is. WHHHAAAATT? (say it like your Lil Jon himself) Crunk was a really popular mainstream south rap style. REMEMBER! It was huge!!! I was honestly dumbfounded. Luckily we've been together for 2yr 6mo, otherwise its sort of a dealbreaker. This means that all the times I did my Lil Jon impression he didn't get it. How does he know who Usher and E40 are but not Lil JON!!!!!!!!!!!! Its honestly really unbelievable to me. WHERE WERE YOU? YOU MISSED ALL THE GOOD JOKES OF THE EARLY 2000's!

LEAN BACK LEAN BACK! THUNDER CLAP Y'ALL THUNDERCLAP!!

M.E.T.

No comments:

Post a Comment