Sunday, November 29, 2009

12.1.09


I feel that alot of people approach winter with confusion. They usually go straight for the puffy coat because its warm. That's all fine and well but winter styling is by far one of the most exciting.

In the summer I gravitate toward the least amount of clothing and the best prints. I try to wear a shoe that doesn't require socks and I usually don't wear more than 3 items of clothing. Its all about finding the breathable print dress that's long enough to ride my bike in. By the end of summer and during fall I begin to crave jackets and then more decadent fabrics. I want Velvets, Corduroy, Brocade, Flannel and Canvas. When the temperature finally drops its finally time to pull my stock out.



Hand me down Sweater - Mopis! (Fathers)
Dress - Ruffled Bodycon Dress with Mesh Top
Tights - We love color
Shoes - Nine West (sexy Dorothy)


Velvet Coat - Gift from a past Coworker
Dress - Collective Clothing (San Fransisco)
Tights - HUE
Flats - Report

This Winter I plan to indulge myself in wearing Velvets whenever I please. I want to wear rich colors that pop in the winter snow. I will do this by pairing prints with rich colored coats and accessories. I want to wear Greens, Purples, and Yellows. I will try to be creative no matter what the weather is. I will take warmth in account every time I dress but that wont stop me from wearing unexpected accessories. I want to wear muted colors Gray, Dark Blue and Black. Whether its a blizzard or a sunny winter day I want to make the best of the weather. My solution to winter isn't one large parka that covers everything. I want to use color, fabric and accessories to brighten up cold.



Blue Velvet Hunter Cap - Self Made
Blue Velvet Cape - Self Made
T Shirt - Mommy VS Daddy
Flannel Hoodie - Harold's
Short - Self made from Ikea Upholstery Fabric
Tights - HUE
Suede Ankle Boots - JUMP

These photos were taken by my best friend. Thomas Nelson

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lampwik/

http://irvinenelson.com/

I styled the outfits. He took the photos and color corrected them. They were for the current weardrobe.com contest.

M.E.T.

No comments:

Post a Comment