Tuesday, November 3, 2009

11.4.09

Last night while washing all my sweaters by hand I realized. Hey, this is the difference between rich people and poor people. I save up for expensive things and when it come time to wash these things I'm hand washing them in the sink myself. Hand washing my clothes gives me a lot of insight into its quality. I can see how durable it is and how much it bleeds the first time it is washed. Also it causes my hands to throb and itch, because I use heavy duty mexican soap. Gets the stains right out, Goodbye embarrassing food stain. I also had an epiphany and envisioned this outfit.

This outfit is a beautiful smooshing of business, fun and comfortable. Since I work at a contemporary, modern art center I am given alot free reign on my outfits. They are never going to be like, "please dress more business like". They actually like when I think of crazy new outfits.

The battle here is finding the right shoe. I could play down the business jacket with these fun golden quilted texture flats. This also helps to add a new color to the palette.

Or, I could intimated my co-workers further with some crazyhot wedge heels. The problem with these SuperOWW! They cut into my skin real bad.


Blazer - Savers
Stripped Dress & Belt - 80's Purple, Purple Label
Tutu petticoat - Self made
Gold Shoes - Nordstrom Rack
Flowered Wedges - Ross, Report

This next outfit was from yesterday. So alot of people think that because I'm into fashion and clothes that makes me a girlygirl. For me thats so odd, I have always thought of myself as a tomboy. Even though I hate wearing pants and prefer dresses, still a tomboy. My reasoning is that I am really a minimalist about accessories, jewelry, make-up and maybe hygiene... I think those things push someone into the girlygirl category, right now I am just girl. I don't care for tweezing my eyebrows and when I see my sisters they are always shocked and make comments about wolfwoman? I wear Blistex chapstick, really. I hate shaving anything, its just cruel to expect that of me. Why is fashion instantly lumped with being OVERLY feminine instead of balanced feminine. If anything its my artistic palette that makes me interested in fabrics and avant-garde pieces as everyday wear.



Tshirt - Gap
Vest - Savers
Skirt - JCDC (AHHHH!!!!!)
Boots - Steven

My last recent thought (I promise). I saw a homeless man on the way too work with his arms out stretched chanting to a wall. He always hangs out on the same block, any and all day. I wasn't scared by him at all. If anything I understand him more than I understand most people. I get what hes doing and its a little weird but not more weird then the tourists taking pictures of a sign thats a picture of a picture. Im telling you, watered down kool-aide.

M.E.T.

No comments:

Post a Comment