Friday, April 9, 2010

4.9.10


Yesterday was a whirlwind of happenings. First of all my best friend got accepted to grad school in Australia. WHICH I am really happy about! I mean its a big deal. Eventually he will be able to have the job and life he wants. Secondly my roommate was wait-listed from a teaching abroad program. I still feel like she has a high possibility of going but I dont know.

ALSO, the exhibit for my education program that I've worked on for a few months almost got canceled! It was terrible I got all shaky and my teeth chattered. Educational exhibitions are totally different that actually fine art exhibits. Educational exhibits aren't so much about how professional the work is, its more about the time and effort put into it. Also its an important way of reaching out to new demographics and including communities. All of this leads up to fund-raising. When you start an educational program its really bad to think your going to get work as good as in the main galleries. Its not going to happen ever, and if so then that sort of makes the whole idea of professional artist look really stupid. LUCKILY my boss explained it all to my director in an eloquent, intellectual way. He did what I couldn't and starting later this month until June 19th, you can come see the exhibition made by Kearns High School students.

ANYWAYS! The good new involving this is I got a $500 grant to throw them a party!






The best part of spring is the warm lighting.

Sweater - Hand me down
Shirt - Dear Creature
Shorts - Calvin Klein
Socks - Liz Claiborne
Shoe - Report

M.E.T

No comments:

Post a Comment