Thursday, September 24, 2009

9.24.09

Ahh... My second post a couple months later. Nice. Whats even more nice, is I now have internet in my apartment. Unfortunately it works best in the kitchen. Which actually doesn't bother me too much for these reasons. First of all Im sure its a super cute image. Girl interneting from the kitchen counter on a little turquoise chair, ohhh....! Secondly its like a beautiful marriage of my two obsessions, food and fashion. Since all I really do online is look at clothes (Its sort of a problem, sort of. ish.) Clothing and fashion makes me all anxious, because I want it ALL! RIGHT NOW! Its really difficult to budget when everything is on sale for just one day. God, Ive got to calm down with the luxury clothing sale sites.

I recently got my third job. This job is at a local art center, I am the education assistant. I really like this job because its a place were I can dress up. My other jobs require me to do some physical labor or use messy materials, around messy kids. This job is perfect for finally wearing all my over the top clothing. The only downside about dressing up is that I walk to work. Resulting in me being the type of women who always carries and extra pair of shoes. The walk to work takes me through the most conservative side of the whole city. It the headquarters for the LDS church. Women who work for the church have a strict dress code of knee length skirts and tights/nylons all the time. When I walk past these people I feel very out of place. Today I wore a black shirt, black sweater with sequined shoulders, white shorts striped with bold blocks of gray, black, royal blue and mustard, Dark gray tights and lastly amazing gray suede ankles boots. OH! And I usually wear my hair in a braid on top of my head, all Frida Kahlo like. Yea, I was looking good. This outfit doesn't sound too "out there" but it was for these people! As I walked I sang

"One of these things are not like the others, one of these things just doesn't belong."

Everyone tries really hard not to look at me. Like its even bad to look, but I see the corner of the eye glances.

When I started this blog I thought it would be dedicate to photos of my daily wardrobe. Then I realized something, one on one Im super friendly but online and in large groups Im not likable. The reason those other blogs work is because those ladies are really pretty, and although I am cute I just dont think it will convert to a successful "what I wore" blog. I will occasionally show you what I wore but I want this blog to be about what Im thinking, whats going on in my life, clothes, food, pets and toys.

M.E.T.

p.s. The Eastern Europeans next door are fighting again.

No comments:

Post a Comment