Wednesday, January 19, 2011

1.19.11

Many of my previous post have been about my struggle with what I perceive are the flaw of my body.


As of late I have began to rock climb again. This time around I've dedcided to have a more constructive mindset. Previously, whenever I failed a problem (climbing route) I became really embarrased and insecure because everyone else was better then me. I guess I thought that everyone would think less of me? This time around I continued to tell myself that it didn't matter how many problems I compeleted in one day, instead I just need to climb as much as possible so that I can build the needed muscle. Ive cultivated a healthy relationship with falling, instead of condemning myself for doing so. Sometimes I'm still embarrassed and I dont want to climb anymore, which is also ok. I dont have to feel guilty for giving up, I bring my running stuff and run instead. Climbing has become something I want to do, instead of a reminder of what I dont like about myself.

This overall mindset shift has helped me re-evaluate my body. I also started taking a modern dance class with a friend. I'm trying to find the right Yoga class to take. Also I took my bike out for a winter spin. I suddenly have a lot less negative things to think about myself.

Sometimes going to the gym makes you feel bad about yourself because everyone else is so pumped! Other times it makes you feel really great because well, everyones got issues. I really dont like my big belly and my chunky back, but that's really it. I have awesome legs, a really cute firm bum (really). My arms are fine. Everything is normal, and its good and it works.

No comments:

Post a Comment